If you are looking for a quick and simple appetizer for your next get together, try this vegetable flatbread. The lemon ricotta is so light and airy and is the perfect base for your favorite vegetables.
This recipe was inspired by the fact that I had cherry tomatoes and zucchini leftover that I needed to use :). It turned out delicious and has a become a staple at our dinner parties!
Prep Time: 20 min / Cook Time: 15 min / Servings: 6
- Pre-made artisan flatbread. I love the one from Stonefire
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 zucchinis, sliced in half moons
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Zest of 1 lemone
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the flatbread on a baking pan and brush with 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Bake the flatbread in the oven for 3-5 minutes, until the bread is crispy but not burned.
- In a saute pan, heat 1 tsp of olive oil. Add the zucchini and cook until lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper.
- While the zucchini cooks, add the sliced cherry tomatoes to a medium bowl. Add the chopped garlic, remaining 1 tsp olive oil, pinch of salt & pepper.
- In a separate bowl, combine the ricotta, lemon zest, lemon juice, red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt & pepper.
- Assemble the flatbread – start with the ricotta cheese, then top with the tomatoes and cooked zucchini.
- Bake the flatbread in the heated oven for 10-15 minutes, watching closely to make sure the edges don’t get too brown. It is ready when the tomatoes and cheese are bubbly.
- Drizzle with olive oil and flaky sea salt before cutting and serving.