I am not a fan of a traditional coleslaw, but a vinegar coleslaw – sign me up! The acidity and freshness of this salad is a great balance to a savory dish. This is quick and simple to make and gets better after sitting overnight in the fridge.
Packed with loads of ginger this slaw has great nutritional benefits! Ginger is full of inflammatory compounds, and direct anti-inflammatory effects. It composes many essential nutrients and vitamins such as vitamin B-6 and vitamin B-5.
Prep Time: 15 min / Cook Time: 5 min / Servings: 6-8
- 4 cups red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 green onions, sliced (both white & green parts)
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Juice from two limes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing.
- In the bowl with the dressing, add the cabbage, carrots, radishes, green onions and cilantro. Toss.
- Top with sesame seeds right before serving.
- You can serve it immediately if you like it very crunchy or let it sit covered in the refrigerator for a few hours, or overnight, for a more slaw-like texture.