Crunchy, salty, and sweet! Shrimp lettuce wraps are super simple and incredibly flavorful. Refreshing, packed with lots of veggies, and ready in less than 30 minutes! The perfect weeknight meal on a hot summer day.
Shrimp is quite low in calories for its impressive nutrient rich profile. One serving provides more than 20 different vitamins and minerals, and is a great source of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids which have numerous health benefits.
Shrimp is also one of the best sources of iodine, an important mineral that many people are deficient in.
Prep Time: 25 min / Cook Time: 25 minutes / Servings: 4 (3 wraps per person)
- 1 pound cooked shrimp
- 2-3 cups cooked white rice (about 1 cup dried)
- Shrimp Marinade
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 4 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 2 tsp chili paste
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 3-5 tbsp warm water
- 1 head of butter lettuce, leaves removed
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 of a cucumber, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Cook rice according to the package directions.
- While the rice cooks, combine all marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Add the shrimp and marinate while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In a separate large bowl, add all the peanut sauce ingredients EXCEPT for the water. Mix to combine.
- Slowly add the warm water to the peanut sauce and stir after each tablespoon. Keep adding water until you reach your desired consistency.
- Chop and prepare all toppings.
- Assemble your wraps. Take a leaf of lettuce and add some rice, shrimp and your desired toppings. Top with peanut sauce and enjoy!
6 thoughts on “Shrimp Lettuce Wraps w/ Peanut Sauce”