The same deliciousness of pumpkin pie filling but with health benefits! Filled with warm spices and creamy pumpkin, this chia seed pudding is the perfect dessert for the season!
Almond milk balances out the natural creaminess of the pumpkin, creating this light and fluffy pudding. If you prefer things extra rich and creamy, you can substitute half of the almond milk for full fat coconut milk. Top with some chopped walnuts for some added texture and enjoy a big bowl, or two, this season.
So why put chia seeds in a pudding? Despite their small size, chia seeds are extremely nutritious. They are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, and they provide fiber, iron, and calcium. The texture takes some getting used to; however, they have no taste so can be used in lots of different dishes without compromising the flavor.
Prep Time: 5 minutes / Chill Time: 8 hours or overnight / Servings: 6
- 2 cups almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 4 tbsp maple syrup + more for topping
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts – for topping
- Mix almond milk, spices, vanilla, pumpkin, salt and chia seeds in a large bowl.
- Cover and chill overnight until it becomes a pudding consistency.
- Serve up in a bowl and top with chopped walnuts and a drizzle of maple syrup.