I absolutely love brussel sprouts but am often frustrated by how much time they take to cook. I needed an easy way to enjoy brussel sprouts and reap all the nutritional benefits without waiting an hour. The answer – raw brussel sprout salad.
This salad is fresh, light and so easy to make! The best part about this salad is that it tastes even better the next day. Over time, the dressing breaks down the brussel sprouts, creating even more flavor. Make it on Sunday night and enjoy it the rest of the week!
Prep Time: 10 min / Cook Time: 0 min / Servings: 6 people
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- One 12-ounce bag shaved Brussels sprouts (I highly recommend buying them pre-shaved vs. whole if you can find them)
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (you can buy pomegranate seeds already out of the pomegranate – HUGE time saver!)
- Add the lemon juice, dijon, and honey to a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly add in the olive oil until all ingredients come together.
- Add the shallots.
- Season generously with salt and pepper. Taste as you go so you don’t oversalt. I prefer lots and lots of pepper 🙂
- Directly into the large bowl, add the bag of shaved Brussel sprouts. Mix into the dressing until all liquid is absorbed.
- Add the roasted walnuts and pomegranate seeds.