Fish is one of the most nutritious proteins you can eat; however, a lot of people don’t like the taste of fish. If you are not a big fish fan this is a great recipe to try. The pesto masks any fishiness, leaving you with a moist, flavorful, and nutritious dinner. The best thing about this recipe – it only has 3 ingredients and takes 15 minutes!
When buying your salmon always try to buy wild caught, not farmed. Wild salmon has less contaminants and mercury which are very toxic to your health. Salmon is one of the best proteins you can have as it is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. It also has tryptophan and is a good source of Vitamin D which may help improve mood and aid in bone health. Definitely a superfood!
Prep Time: 5 min / Cook Time: 20 min / Servings: 4 people
- 1.5 lbs salmon
- 1/3 cup of pre-made pesto (I love the pesto from Trader Joe’s!)
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the salmon on a baking sheet, skin side down.
- Spread the pesto all over the top of the salmon.
- Top with the pine nuts so that the salmon is fully covered.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. It is fully cooked when you can easily flake the salmon with a fork.