Juicy and tender chicken topped with a bright and sweet blend of tomatoes and peaches – this dish screams SUMMER. This is super easy to make and only takes a few ingredients, most of which you probably already have in your pantry!
Although higher in sugar, peaches have a low GI (which means they have a minimal effect on blood sugar) and lots of fiber so your body will digest the sugars more slowly, allowing you to benefit from the nutritional value. Peaches are extremely high in antioxidants, especially Vitamin C. Antioxidants seek and destroy free radicals which can help you fight chronic inflammatory diseases. Adding peaches to your diet this summer is a great choice… I can’t get enough!
Prep Time: 45 min / Cook Time: 15 minutes / Servings: 6
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil (plus 1 tsp for cooking)
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 pounds organic chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (about 2 medium)
- 2 cups chopped peaches (about 2 medium)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp crushed garlic (3-4 garlic cloves)
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Cut each chicken breast in half and place in a plastic bag.
- Combine all marinade ingredients and pour into the bag with the chicken. Massage to make sure all chicken pieces are coated with the marinade and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- While the chicken marinates, combine all of the bruschetta ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- There will be lots of liquid from the tomato juice in the bruschetta. This is good and purposeful! The juices create their own marinade and sauce for the bruschetta and chicken.
- Heat a grill pan to medium heat or heat up an outdoor bbq.
- If using a grill pan, add 1 tsp of olive oil, and grill the chicken until cooked through, reaching 165 degrees. Depending on the thickness of your chicken, it should take about 5 minutes on each side.
- Top the chicken breast with the bruschetta and enjoy!