Everything Bagel Seasoning is everywhere right now and I have yet to add it to something that I don’t like. These are my “adult” chicken nuggets. I add Everything Bagel Seasoning to the breading of the chicken and then bake them until crispy.
This is not a meal packed with loads of nutritional value so I consider this a “responsible” cheat day :). It is “responsible” because the nuggets are baked not fried and instead of serving it with a store bought ketchup for dipping, which is typically high in sugar, I made a spicy greek yogurt sauce.
Prep Time: 15 min / Cook Time: 30 min / Servings: 4 servings
- Chicken Nuggets
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cub breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup everything bagel seasoning
- I use King Arthur’s Everything Bagel Seasoning. This is less salty than other brands I have tried so if you plan to use another brand that is saltier, do not add the below salt.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (less if you don’t like spicy)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Set up a breading station by laying out 3 large shallow bowls or casserole dishes.
- In the first dish, add 1 cup flour, salt, and pepper. Mix.
- In the second dish, add all 3 eggs and whisk.
- In the third dish, combine the breadcrumbs and everything bagel seasoning.
- A few pieces at a time, add the chicken to the flour and completely coat.
- Shake off any excess flour and add the chicken to the eggs.
- Completely coat the chicken with eggs and add to the breadcrumb mixture.
- Completely coat the chicken with the breadcrumbs and arrange on a baking pan, evenly spaced so they are not touching.
- I bake the chicken on silicon pads to prevent sticking. By using silicon pads, you don’t need to add extra oil to the pan to prevent sticking. You can also use parchment paper.
- Complete these steps for all chicken pieces.
- Add the chicken to the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes, until one side is crispy.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and flip. Cook for another 8-10 minutes or until the other side is crispy and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees and is no longer pink inside.
- While the chicken cooks, mix together all sauce ingredients. Set aside for dipping.
- Plate some nuggets, add some sauce, and enjoy!