With Lemon, Ginger, Honey & Mint. By adding this simple dressing you can elevate your fruit salad from an ordinary side to something special and unique.
Ginger is biting yet sweet. It pairs well with almost anything – meats, vegetables, desserts and fruit. Ginger is the perfect example of a small but mighty ingredient that can highlight the natural flavors in almost any dish.
Feel free to mix up the fruits you use in this recipe. A watermelon would also be a great addition to this salad!
Prep Time: 10 min / Cook Time: 5 min / Servings: 8
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- 3 cups cubed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons mint, chopped
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon (zest & juice)
- Chop all the fruit and place it in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat 3/4 cup of water on medium heat. Add the lemon zest.
- Add the honey to the hot water and stir until dissolved.
- Take the pot off the heat and add the ginger, juice from the lemon, and 1 tablespoon of the mint.
- Let the dressing sit, in the pot, for 5 minutes so the mint and ginger become fragrant.
- After 5 min, pour the dressing over the fruit. Mix to combine.
- Top with the remaining tablespoon of mint.